Thanks to everyone who participated! Don’t forget – just because Go by Bike Week is over doesn’t mean you can’t still go by bike!
May 13 – 19 is Go by Bike Week. The goRogueValley coalition invites you to join the fun and consider making some of your normal car trips by bike instead. Read below for details about events and incentives.
Making trips by bike instead of car keeps more money in your pocket and in our local economy, and builds exercise into your daily routine. You can probably recite a dozen more good reasons to bike, but goRogueValley invites you to experience them for yourself this spring. Pledge your rides below [form has been removed] to get all the updates. We’ll remind you about events and prize opportunities by email–and we promise not to spam you or share your information.
Log your trips for a chance to win
We’re giving away several gift cards, up to $100 value, to local bike shops. To be eligible to win, you need to log your trips in the calendar at DriveLessConnect.org. While you’re there, consider creating a trip in the system to look for a bicycle commute partner or carpool match. Logging even one bike trip during Go by Bike Week makes you eligible to win one of several $25 gift cards. Log six or more trips (that’s three round trips) to be eligible for a $100 gift card.
Breakfast stations – Stop by for coffee and snacks
- Monday, 5/13: Medford, City Hall, 7:00 – 8:30a
- Tuesday, 5/14: Talent, Cupcake Daily, 6:30 – 8:30a
- Wednesday, 5/15: Central Point, Ray’s, 6:30 – 8:00a
- Thursday, 5/16 Ashland, Breadboard, 7:30 – 9:30a
- Friday, 5/17: Medford Greenway @ 9th St., 7:00 – 8:30a
Bike happy hours – Swing by after work for free food
- Tuesday, 5/14: Ashland, Standing Stone, 4:00 – 6:00p
- Thursday, 5/16: Medford, Porters, 4:00 – 6:00p
Ride of Silence – Wednesday, 5/15: Phoenix, Blue Heron Park, 7:00p
Bike Maintenance Class – Wednesday, 5/15: Medford, REI, 6:30 – 8:00p
Josephine County Ride with the Leaders – Friday, 5/17: Grants Pass, City Hall, 5:00p – Riders will gather in the parking lot on 5th Street between City Hall and the Justice Building. More info: Donna Anderson, City of Grants Pass, 541-450-6011
Commuter Convoys – Join up with other riders, no one will be left behind. If you are interested but don’t see a ride that fits for your commute, contact us and we’ll see if we can make it happen.
- Ashland to Medford on Monday- Meet Kelly at the Breadboard in Ashland at 6:00a and ride to downtown Medford.
- Medford to White City on Monday- Meet Jenna at the Medford breakfast station in front of City Hall at 7:15a and ride to the Jackson County/ODOT offices at Table Rock and Antelope Road.
- Medford to Central Point on Wednesday- Meet Jenna on the Bear Creek Greenway by the Medford Dog Park at 6:30a and ride to the Central Point breakfast station.
- Jacksonville to Central Point on Wednesday- Meet Nathan at the Pony Espresso in Jacksonville at 6:30a and ride to the Central Point breakfast station.
- East Medford to downtown Medford on Friday- Meet Jenna at Oregon Mountain Coffee in the Albertson’s shopping center on North Phoenix Road at 6:30a and ride to the Medford breakfast station.
Many thanks to our event sponsors: ODOT Public Transit, Jackson County, RVTD, Bear Creek Greenway Foundation, Breadboard, Cupcake Daily, Standing Stone, Porters, Marty’s Cycle, REI, Flywheel, Bikekraft, Cycle Sport, Bear Creek Bicycle, Ashland Bicycle Works, and the cities of Ashland, Medford, Central Point, and Talent. Tell them thanks for helping make Go by Bike Week happen.